IMC 2022 (1-4 October 2022)
India Mobile Congress 2022 (1 – 4 October 2022)
Project India-EU Cooperation on ICT-Related Standardisation, Policy and Legislation participated in the partnership with TSDIS and ETSI in one of the biggest events in India – India Mobile Congress, our event and panel were about the Evolution of Global Standards from 5G onwards, with interesting panelist form global industry players Nokia and Ericsson and local Indian companies Bharti Airtel and Lekha Wireless.
We were pleased to host:
- Manoj Gurnani, Head of Strategy and Technology, Nokia
- Janne Peisa, Head of Connectivity Networks, GFTL Standards and Industry Initiatives at Ericsson
- Manish Gangey, Head – R&D, Bharti Airtel
- David Boswarthick, Director of New Technologies, ETSI
- Dr. Srinath Ramanath, Head – R&D, Lekha Wireless
And discuss what the next generation of global standards for mobile communications is going to bring and deliver against various sectors, and how to overcome the current geopolitical context as a possible obstacle to the implementation of the global standards. One of the interesting topics was to hear how to avoid interference between public and nonpublic 5 G networks, where our panelist proposed some solutions on that.